SoCal Friends + Salt&Straw

I love Friday nights especially when our friends from SoCal visit. It's like Portland feels a little more like home when we see some familiar faces. And specifically in the familiar faces of Jaime and Madison. They're seriously one of the cutest couples. So tonight, our close friends, Ashlee and Trevor-- who are hosting them--  invited us over for dinner at Ashlee's apartment right of NW 23rd Avenue. Our gracious hosts made us a delicious rosemary chicken dinner with baked potatoes and a bean and kale salad. Noms. 

After an hour of great conversation around the dinner table and allowing for our food to digest, we walked down 23rd Avenue to Salt & Straw for some ice cream. Noms. But because it was a Friday night, we waited in a line that was wrapped around the building for about 30-ish minutes. But that was another 30-minutes of great conversation. When  we finally got to the top of the line, we all knew which flavors we wanted to try first. I, of course, knew what I wanted because Cinnamon Snickerdoodle sounds so appetizing every time I read it on the menu. And I guess, I'm one for habit. 

I brought one of my old cameras out with me to document our evening. I forgot how easy and light-weight my Olympus Pen was. Although, I did find it hard to use in low light settings, I still love this little camera and all of our pictures from tonight. Our friends are great, ice cream is great, and these pictures are great because they're in black and white! 

So, enjoy our photos. Thanks for visiting, YTJ! I love you all.



Yours truly,
Jayna

No comments:

Post a Comment