O, Tannenbaum

I love Christmas time! I love the smells, tastes- both savory & sweet, the lights, the sounds (of Christmas songs sung in church! O Holy Night and O, Come All Ye Faithful are ma jams!), and the joyful demeanor of every person I say hello to. But let's get back to the smells! The famous and very sentimental smell of a beautiful Christmas tree. And yes, we have one of our own! 
Last weekend, Lane and I went with our group of friends to a Christmas tree farm to cut down our very own tree. And our first one for that matter! What a beautiful new tradition our family will do every Christmas until Lane and I are tired of cleaning up the tiny Christmas tree pieces on the floor.  But besides the messiness of having a real live Christmas tree in our home, my happy shows when the Christmas lights are turned on and the candles are lit. It's as if my 8AM shift the next morning seems far, far away. 

Of course, I have a ton of pictures to share of our experience- our friends and their tree that they cut down, and dun dun nun! Our first Christmas tree all decorated! It was a sweet time with friends and the Marek family. We're seriously so thankful for a great group of people with whom we get to do life. Even when we're busy we really do feel like our friends make it a priority to spend time with us. 

Anyway, thank you from the bottom of my heart for being a reader of this here blog of mine. I love sharing these few bits and pieces of our lives with you all. I've felt nothing but support and love!

So let's get to the photos! Oh, and there's a video of Lane cutting down our first tree and the time lapse of us decorating it. Get excited, people! 

1 comment:

  1. I love these photos! And your style. :)
    Do you think you can post a little tutorial on how you edit photos? I know you're probably super busy! I'm new to Photoshop and Lightroom, and I would love to learn more.
    Thanks! I love reading your blog. :)

    -Abigail

    ReplyDelete