Fall slash Birthday Mini-Haul

Hey YTJ readers,

I'm more of a "mood board" type of blogger, but since it was my birthday last week, I've decided to post about the things I bought with my gift cards and cash I got for my 23rd year (aka my Michael Jordan year)! So this post will be a little different, short, and sweet! But yay for different! Let's get to it!


Down by Emily King on Grooveshark



Did I mention that I love living in Portland? It's officially Fall here, so leaves are falling and changing colors, the pavement smells like rain, and the mornings are crisp enough to see my breath. I love it! It's definitely different from the Southern California Falls I've experienced. And I know I still haven't endured the colder, wetter, darker days of Fall ahead, which everyone keeps warning me about. Nonetheless, I feel like I dress a lot cuter during the cooler months than during summer. It's my zero interest in wearing short shorts and crop tops over the summer that I'm so excited for pants, boots, and layers upon layers of clothing. Sorry Summer, people! But let's bring out the PSL and candy corn!

Alright! The mini-haul! I was actually pretty spoiled this year for my birthday, which it was totally unexpected since I'm married! But both of my families (Lane's parents and my parents) generously donated money to little ol' me to go shopping! Ah! I haven't gone shopping since before the wedding. Yeah, do the math! That means I haven't gone shopping for myself- for clothes- in 5 months. Girls, that's a new record in my book. So, I'll only be sharing a few things since I haven't finished using the rest of my gift cards and cash.

Last Saturday, Lane and I dedicated a whole evening for me to shop at H&M, Forever 21, and Urban Outfitters. The hubs was a trooper. Fitting room after fitting room and asking him,"Does this look good?" about 100 times.

From left to right (in the photo above), the navy blue polka dot button up and mustard sweater are both from H&M. The "creme-de-la-creme" grey graphic tee is from Forever 21. The photo of the sweater below the graphic tee isn't the actual sweater that I bought but looks very, very similar. Imagine the grey fleece part being tan- I also bought that sweater from Forever 21.

Next, I've been obsessed with my high-waisted denim jeans since I bought them. They are heaven-sent, people! I don't know why I didn't buy them sooner. They're comfier than low-rise jeans, makes my booty look great, and covers up my tummy! The distressed blue jean is BDG from Urban Outfitters and the black denim jean is from H&M.

Also from Urban Outfitters, I bought the phrenology head bank because I thought it would be cool to have as a Counseling student. And lastly, as a birthday present, our friends bought us a Fall candle for our home! Our whole house changes mood when that candle is lit- it smells like Autumn and looks great while it flickers on our coffee table.

I expected this post to be short and sweet. But I'm a rambler. So sorry about that! Thanks for stopping by and finishing this post 'til the very end.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your first real fall! I'm doing the opposite here; coming from a place of amazing autumns and now experiencing this SoCal "season change." You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete