Our Oregon Coast Date


It's been pretty busy around here. Last Monday was Lane's first day at work! Yes! My husband is a working man in Portland. I'm so excited for him! The weeks leading up to his employment were a little tough. We wanted him to have a job that would be able to support us while I was in school and only working part-time. After sending in his resume to nearly two dozen places, doing three different interviews in one day, and praying (really hard), Lane got a job! 

And this job isn't just any job. This is the part where I get to brag about my awesome, smart, talented, handsome husband: Lane is the new Director of The Reality Project at the Pregnancy Resource Center. The PRC is a Christian based non-profit organization that educates people on making life-affirming decisions through counseling and compassionate care. Lane's job focuses on teaching students, youth pastors, and educators the importance of sexual integrity. It's pretty amazing what they do there. I'm excited as Lane's wife to watch him thrive and grow at this job, and be used by God to influence young people in Portland. If you want to know more information about the PRC or the Reality Project, click here and here

So while Lane's at work, I'm at home. Doing my thing. Not necessarily twiddling my thumbs. But if I'm not watching TLC's What Not to Wear on Netflix, I'm actually reading Richard Rhor's, The Ennegram. Our friends introduced this book to us and I finally bought it at Powell's Book Store. After taking the test on the Ennegram App, I found out that I'm a 4 - The Individualist. And my husband is a 1 - The Reformer. It's been really interesting and educational being able to read about my own personality and other personality types. I honestly think having this book will benefit me once I start the Counseling program in the Fall. If you want to find out what your personality type is, download the app! It's free and is 30 questions long. 

Anyway, let me talk about the actual title of this blog post. "Our. Oregon. Coast. DATE!" Lane and I have been talking about visiting the coast since we moved here. So we finally went on Wednesday when he had his day off.

It took an hour and fifteen minutes to get to Tillamook. My husband's a champ for driving. The scenery was beautiful! The sun was out and the trees were lit in every shade of green. 

When we finally got there we visited the Tillamook Cheese Factory! We went through their cheese samples line twice (shhh!) and watched the production line package cheese. It was fun, crowded, and pretty smelly. Cheese and humans and one bathroom? Yikes.

After lunch, Lane and I drove 20 minutes North to Rockaway Beach. It was picturesque. Various shades of grey, tan, and white took over that beach. Including random pops of pink and blue that beach goers wore- some in bathing suits and some in heavy coats. 

My favorite beach is Waimea on the North Shore of Oahu. But Rockaway beach may have stolen the show. I know I can't swim in the water or even dip my feet in the shallow without my toes getting numb, but it felt like home. Lane and I felt at home. 

Enjoy our pictures from our adventure on the coast!


1 comment: