No sleep 'til PORTLAND

Okay, okay. I know how the song goes..."No. Sleep. 'Til Brooklyn!" 

But this is about another rad city- Portland!


This song is a Summer staple! Hit "play"!

In April, I went on a fun road trip with a group of my closest friends and Lane- my betrothed at the time- from Costa Mesa, CA to Portland, OR in 18-hours. Yep, all six of us in two cars. Lane and our friend, David, did most of the driving in our car. They were such good sports about letting me sleep the whole ride up. I don't know what it is about being in car but I sure can fall asleep and stay asleep for a long time in one. 

Before we got to Portland, we made a quick stop to visit our sweet friend, Kristine, in Eugene. She took us to her favorite bakery and told us about her post-grad life. She's actually working full-time and studying for a Master's degree. She's a champ and I'm very proud of her. Anyway, I loved Eugene and its earthy vibes. Once football season starts, I really hope we get the chance to watch a Duck's game! 

When we finally arrived in the not-so-sunny city of Portland, we made camp at the Robison home where we stayed for the entire week. I'm so thankful to know familiar faces in cool cities. We're seriously lucky to have great friends. 

So Lane and I went on this trip with the purpose of finding a place to live after our wedding when we would move up in June. But during our visit, I got one of the best phone calls of my life letting me know that I was accepted into the Master of Arts in Counseling program at Multnomah University. Fortunately, since we were in the city, I was able to tour MU's campus and receive my acceptance letter in person. 

Although apartment hunting in the city wasn't successful, Lane and I still had peace about moving. My acceptance into the program was God opening the door for us to move. And right when we found out that the university offers marriage housing to Graduate students we felt even more peace and signed up. It was a huge relief to know that we would have a place to call home after we got married. Seriously, it was one of the biggest check marks off my to-do list. 

This road trip was one to remember. It was our last hoorah as friends before Lane and I got married and three out of the six of us who moved up in June. We miss our friends in California so much!  

And, of course, I couldn't go on a road trip without taking snaps of everything/one around me! Brace yourself. Your about to scroll down for a very long time. I mean I am packing a whole week's worth of photos into one post. I really hope you enjoy!!



















































1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous shots! It looks like a great time. I'm aching to visit Portland!

    ReplyDelete