Winter got a lot a warmer

Hey YTJ readers,

Life's been quite overwhelming (in a good way) this past month. For starters, Lane and I are engaged! You see why I haven't had time to blog? Since the day Lane asked me to be his future wife, I've started planning our wedding that's coming so soon. If you're following me on Insta or Twitter then you would know that I've gone wedding venue searching, have taken my engagement/save the date photos, and am still wedding venue searching.

Guys, wait. I'm getting married.

Lane and I have been dating for over 3 and a half years (we'll be making 4 years in February) and now we're getting married! Ah! I still can't wrap my mind around the fact that Lane and I are going to spend the rest of our lives together. I know I over-romanticize everything, but seriously, I mean it when I say Lane is the love of my life. I finally understand the famous phrase: "Until death to us part." Lane is it. Until the day I die. He's the one my soul loves and the man I've been praying for and dreaming about since I was a little girl. Ugh, Love is a beautiful choice to make every day.

So in the midst of all of the planning (and stressing), God has always been faithful to gently tug at my heart to remind me that I don't need a beautiful, over-the-top, fancy wedding to marry Lane. We could get married anywhere. God's grace has seeped through every part of our journey so far, and just because Lane put a ring on it, I'm definitely reminded that it doesn't get easier. Everything actually got a little harder because of the choices we're making for our future. It's all very exciting but so very scary at the same time. But God's kindness is so sweet in this new season. And so, so refreshing. The need to trust God has never been this prevalent in my entire life. But hashtag finally-- God is trusting me with this huge task. And I'm so ready to not just be a wife, but to be Lane's wife. Hashtag boom!

But besides planning our wedding, I've had two photo shoots a weekend for the past month and a half. So stay tuned for their reveals! They all turned out so great!

In the meantime, here are a few of my favorite photos our photographer (<< Dawn Parker Photography // Click the link!) took of us for our engagement photos/save the dates! Dawn is seriously the sweetest person ever. Just her name is the cutest thing! Lane and I met with her the day she took our pictures, and from that first meeting we clicked and we knew she was the one! ;) She's awesome, you guys! I wouldn't trust anyone else to capture us the way she does. Thank you, Dawn! You are the best!

So, ENJOY!


IMG_6878IMG_7019IMG_6976
YES, MAY 24, 2014 is the BIG DAY!!!!

Also, click this >> link << to go to our wedding website hosted by TheKnot.com. On that website you'll find out more about "us" and how Lane proposed-- written by our sweet photographer, Dawn! I'm seriously obsessed with The Knot!

Thanks for all of the love. And patience.
I'll be updating periodically about our wedding but most importantly, to show off my beautiful friends and their photos that I took of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment