A Styled Shoot // Natalie C.

Hey YTJ readers,

About a month ago, my friend Anjolie and I did our first styled shoot together. It felt great being behind the camera again and doing what I love. I've been so busy with life that I forgot how much I love taking pictures, just to take pictures.

This shoot was obviously very different from the usual ones that I do (because it was "styled", duh) and because this was all for fun and our love of photography-- no compensation is required when you're having fun! So I really enjoyed having the freedom of taking Natalie's photos without worrying about:"Crap I need to make these look super beautiful because she's paying me lots of money!" Money surely makes things way too complicated than it needs to be (can I get an amen?)!

It was a blast working with my friends- collaborating and seeing our creativity come to life. All three of us pinned our favorite beach inspired poses/photos on Pinterest and chose Natalie's outfits via iPhone messaging.

Because I love the ocean and have always dreamt about being a Roxy model, I thought the beach was a perfect place for my first styled shoot. Fortunately for Anjolie and I, Natalie is a confident young woman with the perfect, athletic beach body whom was totally down to take some pictures in her bikini. Way to be, Nat!

Anjolie and I tried our best to stay away from "sexy" and went for a more "boho chic" beach vibe. It is so easy to be "sexy" at the beach, so Natalie did a great job at channeling her inner surfer/beach girl and posed with grace and true beauty. Once again, way to be, Nat!

It has taken me awhile (a month!) to finally post these photos up, only because I haven't had time to sit down and thoroughly edit my photos. And of course, because this was my first styled shoot I've been a little hesitant about debuting my work. But that's what art is all about-- being able to express yourself whilst being inspired by yourself and other artists. And remembering that art is a beautiful learning experience that there's always a chance to "get better" at your talent.

In advance, sorry for the abundance of photos. I just want to show all of you my favorites! Enjoy!!


verticalvertical-2vertical-3IMG_2949IMG_2991IMG_2984IMG_2987IMG_2985IMG_2983IMG_3135IMG_3153-2IMG_3204IMG_3209IMG_3888IMG_3885IMG_3950vertical-4IMG_4068IMG_4318vertical-5IMG_4688IMG_4545IMG_4518IMG_4511-2


Thanks for stopping by! Please feel free to leave comments/suggestions- I would love to hear some feed back!

2 comments: