#ilovemychurch

Dear Readers,

I needed yesterday. It was a nice little break from the every day routine that I created in this season of "change." And I hear that it's good for ya. So, I took the entire day off to sing on my church's worship team and hang out with the coolest people I know at good ol' Vanguard University. It felt different being on stage as guest rather than a student. Nonetheless, it was such a sweet moment to be back at Vanguard, and with my church family.

Skip forward to the evening at the Wood's house, where there was a college kid kickback! A lot of VU students and a few students from other colleges showed up for some fellowship and free tacos. My boyfriend, Lane, who is a resident intern at our church, as well as three of our friends had planned this event so students could understand the importance of being apart of a church family-- especially outside of VU's bubble.

What's crazy is that I didn't start going to Redemption until my very last semester at VU. And after only 5 months of calling Redemption my home, I feel apart of something bigger than myself. And most importantly I feel loved by people who truly care about me. As cookie cutter as that sounds. It's true. And even amongst all the changes that happened in the past three months, I have seen God's grace and kindness on my life through my church family. I am so thankful. So so so thankful.

After our fun kickback (with yummy free tacos!), our group went over to VU to hear Donald Miller speak. Don's word was very insightful; there were many "ooh yeah, that hurt" moments, but definitely in a good way. Don spoke about who we are (which is an on-going theme in my life lately), and what we are not. In one sweet sentence, here is the gist of what he talked about: We are not our failures, and we are not our successes. Good, right?!

Now, all I want to do is pick up his book "Blue like Jazz" and read it again, and again. I'm so glad I was able to hear his mind. Yesterday, and last night, really was just all I needed.

Here are a few photos from yesterday's adventure:

IMG_2636IMG_2674IMG_2675IMG_2680IMG_2682IMG_2683IMG_2684IMG_2688IMG_2692IMG_2694IMG_2695IMG_2706michaelapeeejIMG_2762IMG_2771IMG_2772


No comments:

Post a Comment