Good things

Hey Readers,

Welcome to my new blog! Just kidding. But my blog did get a face lift! I thought about re-designing it when the Summer season was over, just in time for fall. So, I hope you all like it as much as I do! 

Last night was quite an adventure for Lane and I. After a busy work day, Lane and I drove (while eating yummy tacos that Lane made) to Los Angeles to see the Common Kings at the House of Blues in West Hollywood. I had the crazy idea that we would be able to buy tickets at a sold out concert. Yeah, that was a bad move. Thankfully, the people in front of us gave me their extra ticket for free. Then Lane bought a ticket from a guy who sold it to him for double the price. We thought since we would've bought two tickets anyway it was a better deal than not going at all. 

Per usual, Common Kings was so fun! This was my second time seeing them since they opened for Jboog two years ago. My favorite part of going to reggae shows are the crowds. Almost every person in the audience was Pacific Islander. I even met a girl who grew up on Oahu and just started her second year of college. We both agreed that there's seriously no place like our home. 

After the concert, Lane and I drove back to Orange County to meet up with my sister, Karlo, and my Dad who flew in for 8 hours before flying back to Hawaii. So instead of sleeping, we drove back to LA and had breakfast at IHOP with my uncle, his new wife, and her sister. It was nice being with family again, especially being with my Dad, even if it was at 4 o'clock in the morning.


Wade in Your Water by Common Kings on Grooveshark
Here are some pictures from the adventurous night!:
IMG_2792IMG_2790IMG_2803IMG_6835IMG_3831IMG_2813IMG_2816IMG_2818

4 comments:

  1. Are you and Lane going to get engaged soon? Haven't you been together for like a really long time? Like what are you waiting for? #prayers4purity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Anonymous,

    You're so sweet! We've been dating for 3.5 years now. So "soon" is a possibility! We're waiting for things to fall into place and money to save up. Haha Thanks for your prayers.

    Yours truly,
    Jayna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make sure you're mentally, physically, spiritually, financially and really really ready to be married if that time and decision comes. That means you're ready and totally weaning yourself from your parents. That you're no longer your parents' responsibility but your husband's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Anon,

    Thanks for the advice! But we've been going to pre-engagement counseling and have been apart of a Summer marriage course with our church. We've been seeking lots of advice from our mentors, and have been financially frugal for the past few months that I've been working at my job.
    We're definitely trusting in God that He will provide for us, and sustain us. Even if we'll be as broke as church mice.
    We're ready, but still preparing ourselves everyday until that day comes!

    Yours truly,
    Jayna

    ReplyDelete