FALL Festivities: Harvest 2014

I know it's in the middle of November,  but I wanted to share the fun Fall Harvest/Halloween things Lane and I did last month! Plus it was our first Halloween as a married couple so I thought it would be nice to share with friends and family who read this blog. So let's get right into it!

Click play!


Above is a slide show from a photo booth I set up with my camera at our friend's Halloween party! I'll share more about the party later in this post. Enjoy our goofiness!

Alright, let's start from the beginning when Lane's mom visited us two week ago. We decided to wait until she was with us to visit the pumpkin patch. So, Lane, Bethany, and I got into the car on a rainy, cold, and windy Portland morning (as per usual) and went 20-minutes north to Sauvie Island. It seemed that every family in Portland had the same idea as us because it was a full house at the patch. Although instead of walking through the actual pumpkin patch, we drove to a different patch that had less mud. I know, I know, we're such a divas. We just noticed that every person walking out of the pumpkin patch had a huge mud stain on their clothes from slipping and falling. I was not game for that, nor was Bethany and Lane. So we found a less muddy pumpkin patch where we ran into two cute pigs eating open pumpkins, and found the pumpkin babies we loved that we brought home to carve. 


We loooove it when Bethany visits us because she spoils us with her yummy cooking. On our way home from the pumpkin patch, Lane and Bethany bought ingredients for a homemade chicken rice soup and sinless oatmeal chocolate chip cookies! UGH. SO GOOD! Bethany, please live with us!! But when we got home, our power went out for 2 hours because of scary hurricane-like wind. So, Lane and I had carved our pumpkin with just candle light. But for some reason, I felt like a kid again, and I loved that feeling. Eventually, the power turned on and we were able to enjoy the yummy soup and cookies but kept all the candles lit. And our pumpkin baby turned out cute! It's now an owl that Lane named Wilbur.


Fast forward to Halloween! After work Lane and I made our DIY Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich costume. We used square cork boards that came in a pack of 4 from Target, then cut them into the shape of sliced bread. We used twine and duct tape to create backpack straps on the cork board. Then to put it all together, Lane wore a tan shirt and I wore a purple shirt. And voila! We put on our sliced bread backpack and so whenever Lane and I hugged we would be a perfect human PB&J sandwich. Easy, cheap, and cute!

(A little side story: We're the only house on our street that people actually live in. The other houses are work spaces (when in Portland, I guess). Lane and I bought two bags of yummy Halloween candy and only 3 trick o' treaters visited us. ONLY 3! Next year, we're going big at decorating our porch so kids know that WE HAVE CANDY. So, you can only guess what happened to all that candy, right? Well, Jayna ate it all...)



Our Halloween evening was so. much. fun! Our friends did a fabulous job hosting us in their cute apartment on the west side. They made breakfast for dinner from scratch- pumpkin pancakes with a pecan syrup. So good! Besides the yummy food, there was a little dancing, a lot of laughing, and just the best people you could ever meet all in one room. Not only was it just a Halloween party, but also a celebration of our newly engaged friends, Ashlee and Trevor! Yay! The evening ended with most of us hanging out on their balcony welcoming the beautiful month of November- already so, so thankful!

I hope all of you had a great Harvest spent with the best people. I'm seriously so thankful for our group of people that we get to call "our people." Thanks so much for sticking around to the very end of this post. You are the best! Until the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment