Best friends at the Beach

Hey YTJ readers,

I looove being home! I still question why I ever left my beautiful island. It gets harder to say goodbye to my family and friends each time I visit. Especially if my visit has to be cut short because I have to go back to work (boo, adult life)! But of course, I'm making the best out of the little time I have. I was able to spend Christmas and New Year's Eve with my family, co-hosted my Bridal Shower (my sister and best friend aka my Maids of Honor were the two main hosts and did a fabulous job! I'm actually working on that blog post that will be up so soon!), I've also eaten a lot of yummy food that you can only find in Hawaii, and spent some quality time with my best friend!

Jenny and I have been friends since middle school, but became best friends three years ago. She's the only girl I have stayed in contact with regularly after high school, and have seen every time I would visit home for Summer and Christmas while I was in school. She's been a light to me throughout the years, and even during our senior year in high school. I'm so proud of her and the woman of God she's become and is becoming still. I couldn't do this life without her. She's my person.

Every time I visit home it's our tradition to go up North to our favorite beach- Chun's Reef! This time we woke up early to beat the North Shore surf traffic, bought coffee, then sat on the beach and talked until the sun cleared the morning overcast.

We were the only people on the beach, besides the occasional tourist that would take pictures and then drive away. So it was a perfect time for us to take out my camera and take pictures! Jenny is very comfortable in front of the camera, which I appreciate, because I'm not. So of course, majority of today's photos are of her and her beautiful face. Although, she did do a great job of getting a few good shots of me today. I seriously hate being in front of the camera!

Today was perfect. I needed this girl time. Just me and my best friend. So, enjoy these pictures!






No comments:

Post a Comment