Life via my iPhone (Date Night Edition)

iphone

Living in beautiful, crazy, loud LA has been fun for a month. In fact, today marks an entire month of post-graduation life and living in a new city. Go me! But tonight's date night with my favorite boy was our last hoorah for my time in the city because I'm moving back down to the OC! 

To fill you all in on the details of my life (but with discretion), I'm moving back because  I've been offered a job in Irvine! And hopefully when/after all the chips fall into their rightful places, I start this awesome job in the next few weeks! God has answered so many prayers and has opened the right doors for me in the past three weeks-- it's crazy what a lot of hard work of searching for jobs, rebuilding my resume, and applying, applying, applying can do! This new job is truly a blessing, and I am so thankful that I have the great opportunity to learn and grow as a professional. 

So, if you'd like-- pray for me that things work out, and that I transition well into this new season of being a "full-time employee!" Thanks a bunch.

Anyway, let's get back to this last hoorah date night whatchamacall.

Lane drove up from Costa Mesa for our SSM date night. That's sushi and Santa Monica Pier. When I lived in the OC, Lane and I would visit LA and have an SSM date night. We are fans of tradition. We're one of those couples that don't mind doing the same things over and over again. I mean c'mon, we've been dating for three years-- we could probably sit on the side of the road and talk about anything and everything. That's what happens when you date your best friend, I guess.

SSM started with us going to our favorite sushi joint in West LA, then driving down the 10 freeway to get to the SM Pier. Tonight's sunset was breathtaking. I tried getting a good picture with my iPhone, but it couldn't do it any justice. But we did get to enjoy every minute of it. Lane and I sat on a bench and talked until the sun was completely gone and the pier lights turned on. I live for these moments and being completely "okay."

For dessert, Lane and I went to Cafe Crepe! I had a banana Nutella crepe and Lane had a dark chocolate crepe with vanilla ice cream. Both very yummy and filling. Eating my crepe reminded me of when I visited Germany two Summers ago, and stayed with a German homestay who would say that crepes were called pancakes. Interesting, right?

Tonight was just what I needed. A good meal, a good man, and a good dessert. All these good things come in handy when bad days seem to rule out the better ones. Like the song says, "Catch a falling star, and put it in your pocket. Save it for a rainy day." Choose joy, my friends. It's unlimited and it comes with incredible peace. 

I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment