Life via my iPhone

Lane and I being silly on the drive to our LAST choir concert ever! Not including Baccalaureate, of course. That's not really a concert. Well it is, but I don't have to wear my nasty choir dress and Lane doesn't have to wear his choir tux. We get to wear our cap and gowns instead! Holla! We're so excited to be done with school. But at the same time, we are so sad to leave behind the last four years of our lives. It's definitely bitter sweet.
PS- Lane has some crazy eyebrows.


After our choir concert, the Spiritual Formation team had a little get together to celebrate the graduating seniors. It was so sweet. I've been working for Spiritual Formation for 2 years now as a Local Outreach intern. These past two years have been the best because of this team. I'm going to miss them so much! They have made VU feel like home.


I've become quite the barista at my church. Every Sunday, instead of singing on the worship team (which is really, really different for me), I've been brewing cups of Stumptown and Handsome Coffee Roasters for my church family. It's amazing how a cup of really good coffee and a donut can bring people together. I love this job and the best part is I smell like coffee for the rest of the day. My favorite smell in the entire world.


Thursday morning was well spent. I had an 8am coffee date with my lovely friend, Olivia, at Sidecar Donut. It was my first time having a Sidecar donut, but my favorite part was drinking a Stumptown cold brew coffee out of a cute jar (that has the sickest typography). Being there that morning made my heart so excited to live in the Northwest (about that-- I have a huge heart for the Northwest, besides it being so beautiful, I've had this tug on my heart to do ministry up there. One sweet day I know God will honor my heart and "send" me. And I can't wait!). I had a great time with Olivia, and I'm so glad we continued our friendship even though our schedules are busy. She's a friend I want to keep around for the long haul.

After breakfast with Olivia, I went to awards chapel to watch my sweet boy get awarded for his hard work with the Chamber of Commerce award. He was nominated by faculty, then voted for by the entire staff of VU, including our good friend, Allison Tash, who also received the award. Lane was also awarded the Delta Kappa award and was inducted into that honor society where his name will be inscribed onto a brick that is placed in front of the library of our school. I am so proud of him. He deserves these awards not just because of his hard work, but because of the person he is. He is an inspiration to my life and a huge blessing whom I get to learn from everyday. 

Thanks for sticking around til the very end of this post. I'm thankful for you.


1 comment: